Noble County is a great place to live, work, visit, and play. Residents and guests find the quality of life here very appealing, and for good reason.
There’s so much to see, do, and enjoy in Noble County – for everyone!
- If you like outside recreation, then you’ll love hiking or riding your bike on one of the trails at Chain O' Lakes State Park. If swimming or fishing is your thing, you can take your pick of over 100 lakes in Noble County.
- One of the many lakes to visit is Sylvan Lake. With over 16 miles of shoreline, it is the perfect destination for travelers looking for small-town charm, beauty, and relaxation.
- Many summer camps offer adventurous experiences for children, youth, adults, and families. Check out Camp Lutherhaven, for example.
- Are you a golfer? Then grab your clubs and head out to one of our three 18-hole golf courses – Cobblestone Golf Course, Limberlost Golf Course or Noble Hawk Golf Course – two of which have executive housing with incredible views.
- If you’re a history buff, you can tour our six unique and remarkable museums, as well as the famous Gene Stratton Porter State Historical site.
- Maybe you love relaxing with a good book. You’ll be glad to know that every incorporated community in Noble County has a library.
Other factors contributing to the exceptional quality of life in Noble County include:
- a state-of-the-art hospital
- a wide variety of quality educational opportunities
If you're looking for other activities, you may want to check out the YMCA as well as the Parks & Recreation departments in every community throughout the county. You can also head over to the Convention & Visitors Bureau website for more options. There is no shortage of things to do in Noble County!
Equally appealing for residents, businesses, and visitors is the low cost of living and the low cost of doing business in Noble County and northeast Indiana. Compare costs here to those listed in the regional consumer price index; Noble County offers a high standard of living without high prices. Our housing costs, for example, are extremely competitive. This, among other things, really helps new businesses attract and maintain a quality workforce.